Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Magnolia
This past weekend we went to my grandmother's house in Magnolia, AR for our annual trip to the Blossom Festival. We haven't missed in over ten years, and the girls always have a great time. We celebrated my dad's birthday, played a little football in the backyard, and rode my aunt's vespa -the girls loved it, especially Ellie! We made the trip a little more exciting this year by actually forgetting Emma when we went to the steak dinner on the town square. We took two separate cars, and we thought she was riding in the other car. I jokingly said on the way there, "Emma is in their car, right?" As soon as we got there, my dad immediately went to check the other car, and no Emma. Greg put on the emergency flashers, and we drove to my grandmother's house in about 2 minutes! Longest 2 minutes of my life! When we got there, she was talking on the phone to my dad. She told us, "the phone was ringing, and I thought it would be someone calling for you. I was going to tell them, I am so sorry but they aren't here. They left me home all alone!" Crazy kid! I was so happy to see her and could not stop hugging her! I'm so thankful she was not upset by it all! She is a strong girl!!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment